Thursday, September 17, 2009

Slowing down

Okay, this is the barefoot running entry for 9/17/09. I did 3.5 miles again, and will probably move up to 4 miles on my next run. Still getting some blisters, peeling, etc. but hopefully this will subside. Any day now!! Been running barefoot for a month, and it still pretty much hurts like hell every time!!

As far as pace, my last two 3.5's have been depressing: 26:47 and 26:35 today. It's not a terrible pace, about 7:35 but still slower than what I was doing. My PR at 3.5 miles is 25:47, which is what I did the first time I tried it. grrrr.

A couple things changed, I stopped jump roping before runs and I started riding my bike to the park. So maybe those two things are hurting me. To get my speed back I've started doing 2/week speed & long runs in my Vibram's. I basically run 7 days a week now, but at this low mileage it's not hurting me any.

On the positive side, I have no knee/leg pains at all, and I will be trying my first barefoot 5K on Sunday morning the 20th. I hope for a time better than 23 minutes. My PR is 20:52 and if I could do that, it would be wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment