Monday, September 14, 2009

barefoot running blog

Wow, it's hard to keep up with a diary. It's hard on paper or electronically, I guess! Well, since the last entry, I've moved up to 3 miles barefoot, and today I just did 3.5 miles barefoot for the first time. My times have decreased a bit, but I've been riding my bike a couple miles to the park before running, and I suspect it's tiring me out just a little bit. Today I did 3.5 miles in 25:47. The first half was 13:12, and the second half 12:35. So that's a 7:22 pace, a bit slower than before. I think I'm getting slower because of the drop in miles run each week. I should come back, as I build up to 7 miles a day again.

In other news, I got my Vibram Fivefingers, and tried them out. Long story short, they are great for running gravel trails. I would stick with barefoot for asphalt & road races. I think in the Vibram's I did 3 miles in 21:43 a couple days ago so a 7:14 pac which actually sounds pretty good right now! My new routine will be 2 days barefoot, with 1/2 mile increases every week, and instead of taking a day off, I'll run a 5 mile run in the Vibram's and increase that by a mile a week. So in a month, I should be up to 5 or 6 miles a day barefoot, and 8 or 9 miles a twice a week in Vibram's. Let's hope!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment