Saturday, October 3, 2009

barefoot running update

Man, I can't believe I didn't post for 10 days! Still running barefoot - I did an almost 5-mile run a couple days ago. I've done 4 1/2 twice now, and need to do 1 or 2 more 4 1/2's before committing to the 5 mile. Won another 10K race in my VFF's last week. One Saturday this week will be my first barefoot 5K, count on it!.

My feet hurt less, and everything seems to be going well. I believe I am a week behind schedule, but 5 mile runs will be an exciting milestone. I'm going to keep training with an eye to a March or April marathon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued to see you considering a March or April marathon! Good for you! I'm making the switch to barefoot/VFFs in response to a case of plantar fasciitis, so just getting to run a 10k will be a nice start. Similar to you, I'm up to 4.25 miles (though slower than your pace), but am hoping to hit the 5 mile mark soon. Still, I feel so far from thinking about the next marathon each time I get a painful twinge in my ankle at mile 4-ish. I'll just keep going at it and see where it takes me, though! Glad to be watching your progress. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacey, this blog is just sort of a diary for me,but I'm glad somebody else is reading! Keep in touch - I think the key to barefoot is slow progression. I'm definitely obsessed with running fast, so pay no attention to my pace! The only important thing is to not get injured. I had very mild plantar fasciitis after a 1/2 marathon in August, and that's what made me go barefoot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete