Saturday, October 10, 2009

October 10, 2009

OK, I'm still in it over here! I started a new google account, and it makes a pain to get on to this old account. Anywho, I just finished up a 5.3 mile run barefoot! I've got one more 5 mile run, and then move up to 5.5 mile runs next week. Maybe I'll just skip to 6's. It's been slow progress, but I haven't had any runs where I couldn't walk for the rest of the day, no blisters, nothing. No injuries to speak of in the foot, ankle, knee, hip or leg either. (of course, that's why anybody barefoot runs).

Pace has slowed from earlier in the blog, but I'm doing longer distances also. I think my overall mileage has declined so much it's resulted in some weight gain, which will straighten itself out over time. Pace-wise, today was 5.3 miles in 41:17. Well, now that I check it that's a 7:47 pace, so actually not too shabby. My last run was 5/39:30/ at a 7:54 pace.

I did a fun run 2 days ago, where I just did 3.1 miles in 21:30. Off my PR time in a real 5K, but still not too bad. I was beating myself up, but nothing wrong with a 6:56 pace. That's it for now, I wish I could remember to just log in here and post mileage if nothing else, but whatevs.

No comments:

Post a Comment