Saturday, December 19, 2009

12/19 update

Well, I had my first snow run barefoot. It was actually really pleasant - about 29 degrees out, and a coating of a half-inch of snow at the most. My feet turned red, but seemed to have a good deal of feeling most of the time. A little bit of pins and needles when warming back up, but nothing too extreme.

I ran 2 miles in 18 minutes. I stopped and talked to some nice guys running and told them all about barefoot running. All in all, very pleasant and much preferable to running in the rain. Little bit of tenderness throughout the day, especially where I had earlier injury, but nothing too bad. Ready for my next barefoot 5K!. So that's 4 miles barefoot 12/13-12/19. My goal for 12/20-12/26 is 8 miles barefoot. Long-term is back to 5 to 6 mile runs and 25 miles a week by the first 5K in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment