Friday, November 13, 2009

Back in barefeet!

Wow, my last post was Oct. 26 - and I haven't run barefoot since Oct. 17th! My recovery is really just beginning, and it's been a month since my wonderful & awful first barefoot 5K.

Well, my feet are finally healed on the side, pretty much. I can't believe it took a full month. Unfortunately, they are pink and very, very touchy. I have lost most of the callus buildup I spent months acquiring on my feet.

According to Gmap I ran a whopping .43 miles barefoot today, and felt every step. 3:53 for .43 miles, probably an 8:30 pace which sounds nice at this point. I then went on to run 3.2 miles in my VFF's, but I'm not counting that. BF mileage only. I don't think I'll run another BF race until next year, but let's hope I'm a little more prepared for that one. Over & out

No comments:

Post a Comment